Wednesday, January 21, 2009


There are times when everyday feels like a dream when the tiresome ploughing and trudging through each day is so much like not being awake that sleep has no appeal.
The sundown is a terrible fierce foe that stalks me and pokes and jabs me in my kidneys as the darkness creeps in around me and takes away any hope that I may have had to overcome the idleness of the day and actually do something anything that will accomplish a task. Even a menial task would make it appear to be somewhat worthwhile. The sundown has always been my enemy and will rarely let me have peace. There are some exceptions, perhaps on an unusual day the peace of an isolated circumstance will settle like the arms of God wrapping around my shoulders and offering an assuring embrace and the descent of night becomes a wholly welcome time on these unusual days. Surely as the stars begin represent nights gone past and volumes of unspoken dreams twinkling in the dusky air, I look up and thank God for giving me this gift a token of solace in an unsettled disturbing world that chases me always and on this night was unable to find me...

1 comment:

rhonda said...

HI honey, well written. I'm so glad that I get to share this messed up life with you. You are the only one. The only one. Through thick and thin, for better or for worse. We have shared so much together, I'm so thankful to have you, I know that I don't show it but I am. I love you.