Thursday, August 23, 2012

Here is a dream I hope I will remember. A dream I had where after going on a tremendously difficult and arduous journey with my family in a huge moving van with all of our belongings in the trailer we began to increase speed towards a large busy town center. The town was at the bottom of a hill and lights were on in all the restaurants and shops and people moved through the streets hurriedly. My wife was driving the van. She began to panic when we approached the certain disaster of moving too quickly into the congested area. It seemed that we would not be able to stop in time before plowing into people and slow moving vehicles or even buildings. As many dreams fail to agree with actual physical law this one followed that pattern; as I realized that I needed to act quickly I moved out of the van and somehow harnessed myself to it and began to pull it like an ox with a cart. Now at this point the van was careening down a steep embankment towards a shallow river. I somehow, not knowing how, held my course and seeing a path through the river and up the other side continued to pull my family in the van. The path up the other side was a steep climb but was paved and there were fallen trees blocking some of the way. I struggled to maintain the course but seemed to have some miraculous help in keeping on the path. Carefully I maneuvered through the fallen trees and was able to reach a place where the path leveled and I could clearly see that although the path I took was not a path that anyone had ventured to try recently that it became a very clear path and a straight path that led down a very peaceful road towards the most beautiful sunset that I could imagine. There were gentle pastures on either side of the path that was bathed in the most amazing golden colors of orange and yellow and white. I knew that once I reached this clearing and saw the extended pathway that I had done well to help my family reach safety and peace.

No comments: